Check three different Arctic regions off your list, heading above the Arctic Circle.
The towering cliffs, iconic wildlife, massive glaciers and swaths of untouched tundra of these three Arctic tours de force never cease to impress.
Duration: 13 days
Embarks: Longyearbyen, Norway
Disembarks: Reykjavik, Iceland
Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy—and excitement—of expedition travel. When traveling in extremely remote regions, your expedition staff must allow the sea, the ice and the weather to guide route and itinerary details. This itinerary is a tentative outline of what you’ll experience on this voyage; please be aware that no specific itinerary can be guaranteed.
Day 1 | Embarkation Day in Longyearbyen, Norway
Your voyage will embark in Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen.
Days 2 to 5, Spitsbergen, Norway
Exploring Spitsbergen, the largest of the Norwegian-ruled Svalbard islands, rewards you with abundant wildlife and austere beauty. Here, you’ll visit spectacular glacier fronts and steep- walled fjords, with walrus, polar bears and Spitsbergen reindeer amongst your possible wildlife sightings. Birders will be thrilled to see arctic terns, skuas, long- tailed ducks, kittiwakes and ivory gulls. When conditions are right, you could sail within 10 degrees of the North Pole!
Days 6 and 7 | At sea
While sailing south through the historic Greenland Sea, your Expedition Team
will teach you about the wildlife and history of Greenland, your next stop.
On deck, you’ll learn to identify seabirds on the wing. Take in a lecture, share your photos, sip an icy cocktail in the bar or watch a movie—there are many things to do during your time at sea.
Days 8 to 11 | East Greenland
During your tour of Greenland’s remote eastern coast, you’ll enjoy Zodiac cruises and shore visits to several locations. Explore the remains of ancient Thule settlements and keep an eye out for grazing muskoxen—40 percent of the world’s population lives here. Finally, you will sail through spectacular Scoresby Sund, the birthplace of many icebergs and, some say, the most beautiful fjord system in the world.
DAay 12 At sea
As we cruise south, the Denmark Strait is your pathway toward Iceland. Your Expedition Team will keep you informed and entertained with presentations about the history of exploration in the Arctic and the seabirds you’ll inevitably see soaring above your ship.
Day 13 Depart Rykjavik, Iceland
You’ll disembark in Akureyri, and transfer to your waiting charter flight to Reykjavik, Iceland’s capital, at the end of your journey. If you have booked post- expedition accommodation, we provide a transfer to a central downtown location.
YOUR THREE ARCTIC ISLANDS EXPEDITION INCLUDES
• Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
• All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board
• Beer and wine during dinner
• All shore landings per the daily program
• Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
• All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
• Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
• Photographic journal documenting the expedition
• Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
• Official Expeditions parka to keep
• Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
• Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
• Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic Reader
• All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
• All luggage handling aboard the ship
• All gratuities
• Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
• Greenland voyages cruise passenger tax
• Arrival transfer from Longyearbyen airport to your hotel if you arrive one day prior to embarkation day
• Transfer from your hotel or Longyearbyen airport to the ship on embarkation day
• Charter flight from Akureyri to Reykjavik
• Group transfer to downtown Reykjavik on disembarkation day
THIS EXPEDITION EXCLUDES
• International airfare
• Passport and visa expenses
• Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
• Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
• Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance— strongly recommended
• Excess-baggage fees on international flights
• Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
• Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
• Phone and Internet charges
• Additional overnight accommodation
• Optional kayaking activities
• Pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Longyearbyen
• Post-expedition hotel accommodation in Reykjavik
* The prices are per person expressed in US Dollars.
NOTE: Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy—and excitement—of expedition travel. When traveling in extremely remote regions, your expedition staff must allow the sea, the ice and the weather to guide route and itinerary details. This itinerary is a tentative outline of what you’ll experience on this voyage; please be aware that no specific itinerary can be guaranteed.
Contact us to receive more info about this trip. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you don’t receive an answer within 24-48hs, please check on your Spam.
THE POLAR TRAVEL COMPANY LLC
8175 NW 12 ST #130
Doral, FL 33126
Miami - Dade, Florida
Tel: +1 786 352 8686
Bulnes 1319, Buenos Aires.
Tel: +54 9 11 62532677
4° C, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego.
Tel: +54 9 249 457 3920
|Write us via WhatsApp|