This fly/cruise voyage shaves off the ocean crossings, taking you straight to the adventure.
Trek the tundra, watch muskoxen grazing the hillside and explore the world’s largest fjord system by kayak. You can wander through Thule ruins one day, then drop in to visit the townspeople of Ittoqqortoormiit the next. Possible displays of the Northern Lights may keep you up long past bedtime.
Duration: 10 days
Embarks: Reykjavik, Iceland
Disembarks: Reykjavik, Iceland
Language: English b>
Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy—and excitement—of expedition travel. When traveling in extremely remote regions, your expedition staff must allow the sea, the ice and the weather to guide route and itinerary details. This itinerary is a tentative outline of what you’ll experience on this voyage; please be aware that no specific itinerary can be guaranteed.
Day 1 | Reykjavik, Iceland
Your adventure begins with an overnight stay in thoroughly modern Reykjavik, the world’s northernmost capital city.
Day 2 | Embarkation day at Constable Point
You’ll fly from Reykjavik to Constable Point to board your vessel and begin your expedition. Get ready for a great adventure ahead!
Day 3 | Alpefjord
You’ll cruise through breathtaking Alpefjord, where fjords punctuate the scenery all around. Your day will be spent exploring and Zodiac cruising through a multitude of dazzling fjords, sounds and icebergs in all shapes and sizes. Be on the lookout for arctic fox and muskoxen, which roam free here.
Day 4 | Brogetdal and Waltershausen Glacier
Multihued mountains surround the lovely Brogetdal, which originally translated as “painted valley” and now means “multicolored valley.” You’ll discover why firsthand as you marvel at the valley’s colorful vistas and fascinating geology. Later, you’ll travel to the impressive and rarely visited Waltershausen Glacier, an imposing ice floe at the head of Nordfjord. It was named after German explorer Baron Wolfgang Sartorius von Waltershausen, after his failed 1869 attempt to reach the North Pole via East Greenland.
Day 5 | Blomsterbugten and Renbugten
Blomsterbugten, also known as the Bay of Flowers, is home to beautiful purple- and-gold-colored rocks that you’ll view from distance or on a hike, if you wish. Later, we’ll continue to Renbugten, or Reindeer Bay, named for the herd of 12 reindeer seen on one of the first expeditions to the area. Arctic hare are a common and delightful sight here.
Day 6| Ella Oya (Ella Iisland)
Ella Oya is a hiker’s paradise. The area is surrounded by ice-choked waters, rugged cliffs and sky blue icebergs. Challenge yourself with a climb to the top of the island—the views are worth it.
Day 7 | Ittoqqortoomiit and Hall Brending
At the start of the Scoresby Sund, Ittoqqortoormiit is East Greenland’s most northerly community and boasts a blend of traditional and modern lifestyles. With clear skies, you’ll have a great opportunity to see the northern lights. You can also support local Inuit artisans by purchasing unique handicrafts. Our time here is spent bonding with the Inuit people and gaining an appreciation of their way of life. Later, we’ll see huge icebergs—larger than football fields and taller than apartment buildings—as we cross Hall Bredning, part of the sounds.
Day 8 | Frederisksdal and Sydkap
Sailing on, deeper into Scoresby Sund you’ll encounter massive icebergs and an ancient Thule settlement as we approach Sydkap. The scenery here is unforgettable, with towering mountains and hundreds of monumental icebergs playing tricks with your sense of perception.
Day 9 | Disembarkation at Constable Point
Today, we’ll arrive at Constable Point and disembark the ship. Sit back and enjoy your charter flight from Constable Point to Reykjavik, the vibrant and artistic capital of Iceland, then overnight in your comfortable Reykjavik hotel.
Day 10 | Depart Reykjavik
Make your own way to the airport for your return flight home, or spend some extra time in Reykjavik—you’ll be amazed at the variety of attractions and must-see places of interests the city has to offer.
YOUR ARCTIC EXPRESS EXPEDITION INCLUDES
• Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
• All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board
• Beer and wine during dinner
• All shore landings per the daily program
• Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
• All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
• Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
• Photographic journal documenting the expedition
• Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
• Official Expeditions® parka to keep
• Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
• Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
• Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Arctic Reader
• All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
• All luggage handling aboard the ship
• All gratuities
• Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
• Greenland voyages cruise passenger tax
• One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Reykjavik, with breakfast
• Group transfer from Reykjavik hotel to domestic airport on embarkation day
• Charter flight from Reykjavik to Constable Point on embarkation day
• Charter flight from Constable Point to Reykjavik domestic airport on disembarkation day
• Group transfer from domestic airport to Reykjavik hotel
• One night’s post-expedition hotel accommodation in Reykjavik, with breakfast
THIS EXPEDITION EXCLUDES
• International airfare
• Passport and visa expenses
• Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
• Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
• Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
• Excess-baggage fees on international flights
• Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
• Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
• Phone and Internet charges
• Additional overnight accommodation
• Optional kayaking activities
• Arrival and departure transfers between Reykjavik international airport and hotel on arrival and departure days
• The prices are per person expressed in US Dollars.
Contact us to receive more info about this trip. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you don’t receive an answer within 24-48hs, please check on your Spam.
THE POLAR TRAVEL COMPANY LLC
8175 NW 12 ST #130
Doral, FL 33126
Miami - Dade, Florida
Tel: +1 786 352 8686
Bulnes 1319, Buenos Aires.
Tel: +54 9 11 62532677
4° C, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego.
Tel: +54 9 249 457 3920
|Write us via WhatsApp|