If this is your first visit, this voyage gives you the best of the stunning Antarctic Peninsula in 11 or 12 days.
Conquer the famed Drake Passage in your choice of four stabilized, polar-class vessels; explore majestic natural environments by zodiac and on foot; get up close and personal with penguins, whales and other wildlife; enjoy talks on regional history, zoology and geology by onboard experts. You can personalize your adventure with options that suit your interests, and cross the 7th Continent off your list—your way.
Duration: 11 or 12 days
Embarks: Ushuaia or Buenos Aires, Argentina
Disembarks: Ushuaia, Argentina
DAY 1 | ARRIVE IN USHUAIA, ARGENTINA
You will begin your journey in Ushuaia, a small but bustling port town at the tip of South America. This Argentine town is an ideal gateway for you to explore the southern extent of Patagonia while preparing for your adventure ahead. Get active in the mountains or enjoy handcrafted chocolate at a café in town.
DAY 2 | EMBARKATION DAY
Embarkation will occur in the late afternoon, after which your vessel will sail down the historic Beagle Channel, which transects the Tierra del Fuego archipelago in the extreme south of South America. Expect an air of anticipation as you depart -the next time you see land, you’ll be in the world’s most southern continent!
DAYS 3 & 4 | CROSSING THE DRAKE PASSAGE
Your days at sea are filled with presentations led by your Expedition Team who will prepare you for the wildlife, geology and history that will greet you upon your arrival. In between presentations spend time on deck looking for wildlife or chatting with your shipmates over a drink at the bar.
DAYS 5–8 | SOUTH SHETLAND ISLANDS & ANTARCTIC PENINSULA
(OR DAYS 5–9 OF 12-DAY ITINERARY)
The most common reaction upon reaching the White Continent is a sense of reverence and awe. The experience is beyond words, since few places are as untouched, unique and enduring as Antarctica. You will begin to appreciate why this region has long captivated the attention of explorers and travelers alike. Every time we visit Antarctica, we witness something new or unexpected, which means that your expedition will be unlike any other—creating a unique, personal experience.
Each day, you will take Zodiac excur- sions from the ship to explore local bays, channels and landing sites. With wildlife always at the forefront of our minds, you will visit penguin rookeries, scout for humpback and minke whales, and search for a number of southern seal species, including the cunning leopard seal.
Your Expedition Team will take care of you at each landing, whether you are
hiking the Antarctic landscape, visiting a research station or consorting with penguin colonies. Chinstrap, Adélie and gentoo penguins are found here, along with Weddell, fur, crabeater and leopard seals. Keep a lookout for curious whales, such as minkes, while on a Zodiac cruise. Each day and each landing will present a new collection of creatures to delight you and keep your camera busy.
Amid the serene silence of Antarctica, noisy interludes become indelible memories, such as penguins squabbling over prized pebbles, or the boom and crack of a calving glacier.
Every day will be different, having been carefully crafted by your Expedition Team to inspire and educate you about this wonderful part of the world.
DAYS 9 & 10 | CROSSING THE DRAKE PASSAGE
(OR DAYS 10 & 11 OF 12-DAY ITINERARY)
The journey back across the Drake Passage provides final opportunities to enjoy the crisp Antarctic air. Spend time on the deck, watching for seabirds and scouting for whales, enjoy presentations by your Expedition Team and celebrate the experiences shared exploring Antarctica.
DAY 11 | DISEMBARKATION IN USHUAIA
(OR DAY 12 OF 12-DAY ITINERARY)
You will arrive in Ushuaia in the morning, which allows for you to continue your adventure on land or catch your flights home.
* Some itineraries will start in Buenos Aires with a Mandatory Transfer Package flight (U$S950)
ON ALL SHIPS, RATES INCLUDE:
• Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader, including shore landings and other activities
• All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
• Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
• All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
• Beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
• All shore landings per the daily program
• Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
• A photographic journal documenting the expedition
• A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
• An official Expedition parka to keep
• Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
• Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader
• All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
• All luggage handling aboard ship
• Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
Included in expeditions that embark and disembark in Ushuaia aboard:
OCEAN ADVENTURER, WORLD EXPLORER and OCEAN DIAMOND
• Group transfer in Ushuaia from airport to pre- expedition hotel on Day 1
• One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Ushuaia with breakfast (Note: The number of guests per room is the same as cabin occupancy on the ship. Due to limited availability, travelers who reserve a suite on board are accommodated in standard rooms at the hotel. Triple rooms may not be available.)
• Group transfer from hotel to ship on embarkation day • Group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from
ship to local airport
Buenos Aires flight & hotel package on voyages aboard:
• One pre-night’s hotel accommodation in Buenos Aires with breakfast (Note: The number of guests per room is the same as cabin occupancy on the ship. Due to limited availability, travelers who reserve a suite on board are accommodated in standard rooms at the hotel. Triple rooms may not be available.)
• Group transfer from hotel to airport in Buenos Aires
• Group flight departing from Buenos Aires’ domestic airport (Aeroparque/AEP) to Ushuaia, and returning to Buenos Aires’ international airport (Ezeiza/EZE)
• Group transfer from Ushuaia airport to the ship, and
return (Note: Transfer on arrival in Buenos Aires from airport to hotel at the beginning of the journey is not included. Please make your way to the included hotel.)
• Combined airport transfer and express bus tour of Tierra del Fuego National Park after disembarkation in Ushuaia
RATES SPECIFICALLY DO NOT INCLUDE:
• For some specified departures, the purchase of a transfer package, including charter flight and hotels in conjunction with the expedition, is mandatory. The applicable per person cost is indicated on the Dates & Rates summary
• International airfare
• Passport and applicable visa expenses
• Government arrival and departure taxes notmentioned
• Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
• Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
• Excess-baggage fees on international flights
• Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
• Laundry, bar, massage services and other
personal charges, unless specified
• Phone and Internet charges
• Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage
for shipboard staff and crew
• Additional overnight accommodation
• Arrival and departure transfers, except where
• Adventure options on expeditions (all weather dependent) that are not included in the cost of the voyage (e.g., sea kayaking, camping, etc.)
• The prices are per person expressed in US Dollars.
Contact us to receive more info about this trip. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you don’t receive an answer within 24-48hs, please check on your Spam.
THE POLAR TRAVEL COMPANY LLC
8175 NW 12 ST #130
Doral, FL 33126
Miami - Dade, Florida
Tel: +1 786 352 8686
Bulnes 1319, Buenos Aires.
Tel: +54 9 11 62532677
4° C, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego.
Tel: +54 9 249 457 3920
|Write us via WhatsApp|