Fly over the Drake Passage by charter plane to land at King George Island before exploring the Antarctic Peninsula by ship.
In just 8 adventure-packed days, you’ll experience rewarding shore visits and Zodiac cruises, marvel at intimate wildlife encounters, explore historic sites and make the most of your landmark visit to the 7th Continent. Select from a range of adventure options and onboard activities that match your personal interests and make your expedition uniquely yours.
Duration: 8 days
Embarks: Punta Arenas
Disembarks: Punta Arenas
Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy—and excitement—of expedition travel. When traveling in extremely remote regions, your expedition staff must allow the sea, the ice and the weather to guide route and itinerary details. This itinerary is a tentative outline of what you’ll experience on this voyage; please be aware that no specific itinerary can be guaranteed.
DAY 1 | ARRIVE IN PUNTA ARENAS, CHILE
Your adventure begins in Punta Arenas, Chile, the most populated city in southern Patagonia. If you arrive early, there are many museums, restaurants and shops to keep you busy for days. By early afternoon, a Quark Expeditions® representative will meet you at the official starting point hotel, where you’ll enjoy a welcome dinner and be briefed about preparing for your embarkation day.
DAY 2 | FLY TO KING GEORGE ISLAND AND EMBARKATION
Your charter flight from Punta Arenas to Antarctica will have you crossing the legendary Drake Passage in only a few
hours. Far below, the ship will approach King George Island for your arrival. Your first glimpse of dramatic Antarctic landscapes will be from a unique perspective, as your plane descends for landing in the South Shetland Islands. After landing, stretch your legs with a one-mile (1.6 km) walk to the shore, before being transferred by Zodiac to your ship to set sail for the Antarctic Peninsula!
DAYS 3–6 | ANTARCTIC PENINSULA AND SOUTH SHETLAND ISLANDS
There are few places in the world as evocative as Antarctica. As your ship approaches the White Continent, you may be overcome by feelingsof excitement and awe. Antarctica is indescribable and can only be fully appreciated through your own eyes.
As your captain and Expedition Team keep a lookout for whales and seabirds, you’ll be alerted to any new sightings. Our team of expert presenters will deepen your experience with explanations of the glaciology, history and wildlife of the region.
Even more exciting are your daily excursions. Your first Zodiac landing is something you’ll never forget! Walking on a beach dotted with penguins is the most intimate way to experience the unique wildlife of Antarctica.
Each landing is different and is dependent on weather, but every day presents new sightings and photo opportunities, and
it won’t be long before you can tell the difference between an Adélie, gentoo and chinstrap penguin.
You may take a Zodiac cruise in search of whales and icebergs one day, followed by a hike to a penguin rookery the next day. From the booming sound of a calving glacier to the thrill of spotting apex predators like leopard seals and killer whales in action, you’ll wake up early and welcome each day with a sense of adventure and a desire to explore during this unrivaled travel experience.
Your Expedition Team will accompany you all along the way, providing insights into the places you visit.
DAY 7 | DISEMBARKATION AND FLY TO PUNTA ARENAS
After your week of exploration, you’ll say goodbye to your Expedition Team and disembark at King George Island. Your two-and-a-half-hour flight across the Drake Passage to Punta Arenas, Chile, brings your adventure to an end. After your group transfer to the hotel, you are free to explore and enjoy an evening on your own, in the city or at the hotel to reminisce about the sights and sounds of Antarctica.
DAY 8 | DEPART PUNTA ARENAS
After breakfast, you are welcome to continue on your own travels or make your way to the Punta Arenas airport for your homeward flights.
ATTENTION: CONTINGENCY PLAN
In the unlikely event that the plane is unable to depart on the planned date of the charter flight, you will
be provided with a night of hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas, meals included. You may be required to be on standby and remain close
to the hotel, as a weather window may open with very little notice. If the weather is not suitable on Day 3, you will enjoy an additional night’s accommodation and meals in Punta Arenas. On Day 4, should the charter flight not be able to take off by 2pm, Quark Expeditions® will officially cancel the voyage and provide a letter for you to submit to your travel insurance provider for coverage of flight changes and other associated non-cruise costs under the trip delay/ interruption and cancellation clause.
The Operator will make every effort to ensure that your program takes place, but due to complex and variable weather conditions, flying in this region is challenging and is beyond our control. Safety is paramount to your expedition, and our pilots follow strict weather assessment procedures. The Operator will offer a refund
of your cruise package and any adventure options in the event of a trip delay or cancellation as a result of the charter flight being unable to depart as planned.
We strongly recommend that all expedition guests purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy, including trip delay, cancellation and interruption insurance, in addition to the required medical coverage. Please note that international airfare may not be covered by insurance in the event of a cancellation. Please ask us about travel insurance.
ON ALL SHIPS, RATES INCLUDE:
• Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leaders, including shore landings and other activities
• All Zodiac transfers and cruising as per the daily program
• All shore landings as per the daily program
• Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
• All meals, snacks, soft drinks and juices on board
throughout your voyage (Please inform us of any dietary requirements as far in advance as possible. Unfortunately, the ships’ galleys cannot prepare kosher meals.)
• Beer and wine during dinner; and coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
• Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and guest speakers as scheduled
• A photographic journal documenting the expedition
• A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for landings and Zodiac cruising excursions
• An official Expeditions parka to keep
• Hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
• Comprehensive onboard materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader
• All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
• All luggage handling aboard the ship
• Emergency Evacuation insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $500,000 per person
• A group arrival transfer in Punta Arenas from airport to pre-expedition hotel on Day 1
• One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas with breakfast (Note: The number of guests per room is the same as cabin occupancy on the ship. Due to limited availability, travelers who reserve a suite on board are accommodated in standard rooms at the hotel. Triple rooms may not be available.)
• A briefing dinner on Day 1 in Punta Arenas
• A pre-expedition group transfer in Punta Arenas from the hotel to the airport
• Flights to and from King George Island
• A post-expedition group transfer in Punta Arenas
from the airport to the hotel
• One night’s post-expedition hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas with breakfast
RATES SPECIFICALLY DO NOT INCLUDE:
• International airfare
• Passport and applicable visa expenses
• Government arrival and departure taxes not
• Meals unless otherwise specified
• Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical
travel insurance—strongly recommended
• Excess-baggage fees on international flights
• Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac landing
and cruising excursions, or any other gear not
• Laundry, bar, massage services and other
personal charges, unless specified
• Phone and Internet charges
• Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for
expedition staff and shipboard crew
• Additional overnight accommodation
• Arrival and departure transfers, except where
• Adventure Options not listed in Included
• The prices are per person expressed in US Dollars.
Contact us to receive more info about this trip. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
If you don’t receive an answer within 24-48hs, please check on your Spam.
THE POLAR TRAVEL COMPANY LLC
8175 NW 12 ST #130
Doral, FL 33126
Miami - Dade, Florida
Tel: +1 786 352 8686
Bulnes 1319, Buenos Aires.
Tel: +54 9 11 62532677
4° C, Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego.
Tel: +54 9 249 457 3920
|Write us via WhatsApp|